Could this be the man that defeats Lindsey Graham?
THE JEENYUS CORNER
A couple of weeks ago, Glenn started a movement…Operation Defeat Lindsey Graham. He offered airtime to any conservative candidate willing to run against Senator Lindsey Graham in South Carolina. In a state like South Carolina, there’s no excuse to have a progressive Republican in office — it’s a deeply conservative state.
Pat and Stu took the efforts to the next level when they had former Congressman Allen West on the Pat & Stu show. The duo went so far as to offer to buy him a home in South Carolina so that he would be eligible to run for Graham’s Senate seat. Unfortunately, West didn’t take the bate, however, there may be another possible option, South Carolina State Senator Lee Bright.
Glenn spoke to Lee on the radio program this morning to learn a little bit more about him as a candidate and a person.
During his conversation, Bright stated that he was a fan of the flat tax, including the one presented in Senator Rand Paul’s budget proposal. He also shared that he is very religious and a proponent of a limited government — both qualities Glenn was happy to hear.
“I think government’s way too much in our lives as it is, especially the federal government. And I think states have a lot of purview when it comes to instituting laws. But the federal government’s powers are numbered obviously, and they have gone way outside their powers and they have neglected, the core of what they are supposed to do,” Bright said. ”They are not protecting our borders, they’re not instituting sound foreign policy, they’re not even taking care of our soldiers who go off and fight and come back without arms and legs and then we tell them they’ve got to wait nine months now on the disability claims instead of six. It’s abhorrent the way we treat our veterans.”
Stu took the reigns of the interview (…Glenn was likely off printing Lee Bright 2014 bumper stickers). Stu asked the state Senator to clarify what he means when he says he is very religious. There are a lot of politicians who like to use their faith as a weapon to tax the American people and build the welfare state.
Bright responded by explaining that those politicians are trying to make the state take the role of the church. It’s the church’s role to take care of those in need — not the state.
“The state is trying to take the place of God in our society, and that’s where we’ve really gone awry,” Bright responded. ”I mean, we have to come together in our churches instead. I’m a Southern Baptist but a lot of our churches are focused on building bigger buildings and growing larger congregations and, the point ought to be being the, the arms of Christ and taking care of these people that are downtrodden. That’s not the role of the state. All the state can do is take money from one group of folks, mismanage it tremendously and then give it to another.”
- New Grassroots Group Call For Senator Lee Bright To Challenge Lindsey Graham | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Coming Out: Is SC Ready for its First “Openly Gay” Senator | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Sen. Lee Bright To Host Hearing On Proposed Open Carry Law | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Lindsey Graham – The Most Dangerous Man to America | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Large Crowd Of Over 200 Attend Constitutional Carry Hearing In Upstate South Carolina | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Lindsey Graham Backs Extremist Obama Appointee | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Senator Lindsey Graham Introduces Bill To Ban Guns For People Declared ‘Mentally Ill’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Eleanor Clift Accuses Rand Paul Of Treason | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rep. Jeff Duncan lobbying to bring gun manufacturers to SC | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Wall of Shame: List of GOP Senators who didn’t #StandWithRand | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)