The CIA is preparing to strike al-Qaeda in Syria, according to the Los Angeles Times.
“President Obama has not authorized drone missile strikes in Syria, however, and none are under consideration,” the newspaper reports. But the CIA’s Counterterrorism Center behind drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen “shifted several targeting officers to improve intelligence collection on militants in Syria who could pose a terrorist threat,” current and former government officials tell the newspaper.
CIA’s al-Qaeda at forefront of effort to overthrow Assad in Syria.
The CIA will assemble “detailed dossiers on key militants” and the files will be used to help “opposition figures with moderate views prevail over extremists,” according to the Times.
- CIA begins sizing up Islamic extremists in Syria for drone strikes (latimes.com)
- CIA may target Syrian extremists with drones: LA Times (rawstory.com)
- CIA may target Syrian extremists with drones: report (dailystar.com.lb)
- CIA developed a sudden cancer gun back in the 1970s | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- CIA to target Syrian Islamists with drones (worldbulletin.net)
- Holder to Rand Paul: Yep, Government Can Drone Bomb US Citizens | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- High school student sends letter to Obama over drone assassinations | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- CIA Sizing Up Syrian Rebels re: Drone Strikes (fortunascorner.wordpress.com)
- CIA begins to classify Mujahideen in Syria for its drone killing program (alhittin.com)
- Drone strikes in Syria? CIA ‘boosting’ intelligence force to ‘size up’ Syrian extremists (rt.com)