While the lawsuit over the sale of Al Gore’s Current TV to Al Jazeera is making headlines, a close reading of the legal complaint provides additional evidence that a congressional investigation into the curious transaction is urgently needed and necessary.
The media executive who claims to have arranged the sale says the idea was to make the Terror TV channel “palatable to U.S. lawmakers,” a formulation that suggests foreign lobbying on Capitol Hill in order to protect the $500 million payoff to Gore and other owners and investors in Current TV.
The suit says that media executive John Terenzio also proposed smoothing things over with “pro-Israel factions, cable operators and, most importantly, the American public.”
The other controversial aspect of the deal, as noted by Fox News contributor Lisa Daftari, is that “Al Jazeera America” has announced plans for bureaus in eight cities, including Detroit, Michigan, and that “Detroit, Michigan is a large ex-pat community of Muslim-Americans where [Jihadist] sleeper cells have been detected.”
Detroit has been called the Arab capital of North America.
Because of the danger of inciting Arabs and Muslims into anti-American violence, Accuracy in Media has called on the House Homeland Security Committee, under the chairmanship of Texas Republican Michael McCaul, to investigate the sale and look at the evidence that the channel is a foreign terrorist entity that can be outlawed on U.S. soil. He has refused to do so.
The Al Gore lawsuit constitutes another reason why Congress has to investigate. If Al Gore had paid Terenzio for his services, as the suit alleges, it is likely that the nature of the deal and the private discussions that went into it would never have been made public. Now, however, all of this is on the public record and more damaging details, if Gore doesn’t settle the lawsuit, will almost certainly come out.
The revelations demonstrate how sensitive the deal was in the first place. Terenzio says one of his objectives was to develop “strategies to overcome Al Jazeera’s negative image and make Al Jazeera acceptable to American viewers.” Many members of the public associate Al Jazeera with the videos of Osama bin Laden, the architect of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on America. Al Jazeera aired those videos, as well as interviews with bin Laden and other al-Qaeda leaders, and is today still regarded as the voice of the pro-terrorist Muslim Brotherhood.
In short, the plan was for a massive propaganda campaign to play down the channel’s ties to al Qaeda and other terrorist groups, and its financing by the pro-Jihadist Arab government of Qatar.
- Romney’s Older Sibling To Run For Senate? | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Has Gun Ownership in American Homes Really Decreased This Dramatically? | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Holder to Rand Paul: Yep, Government Can Drone Bomb US Citizens | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- N. Korea threatens ‘pre-emptive’ nuclear strike against US | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Gabby Gifford’s Husband Caught Buying Assault Rifle | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- So Much For The “Pledge To America” | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Researcher: Zombie fads peak when society unhappy | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Supreme Court To Hear Obama ID Forgery Case | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- US to Purchase Fleet of Enhanced Drones Despite Budget Cuts | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Senator Lindsey Graham Introduces Bill To Ban Guns For People Declared ‘Mentally Ill’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)