The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo, so far to little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As reported elsewhere, much of this purchase order is for rounds forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.
Add to this perplexing outré purchase of ammo, DHS now is showing off its acquisition of heavily armored personnel carriers, repatriated from the Iraqi and Afghani theaters of operation. As observed by “paramilblogger” Ken Jorgustin last September:
“The Department of Homeland Security is apparently taking delivery (apparently through the Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico VA, via the manufacturer – Navistar Defense LLC) of an undetermined number of the recently retrofitted 2,717 ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ MaxxPro MRAP vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.”
These MRAP’s ARE BEING SEEN ON U.S. STREETS all across America by verified observers with photos, videos, and descriptions.”
Regardless of the exact number of MRAP’s being delivered to DHS (and evidently some to POLICE via DHS, as has been observed), why would they need such over-the-top vehicles on U.S. streets to withstand IEDs, mine blasts, and 50 caliber hits to bullet-proof glass? In a war zone… yes, definitely. Let’s protect our men and women. On the streets of America… ?”
“They all have gun ports… Gun Ports? In the theater of war, yes. On the streets of America…?
Seriously, why would DHS need such a vehicle on our streets?”
Why indeed? It is utterly inconceivable that Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is planning a coup d’etat against President Obama, and the Congress, to install herself as Supreme Ruler of the United States of America. There, however, are real signs that the Department bureaucrats are running amok. About 20 years ago this columnist worked, for two years, in the U.S. Department of Energy’s general counsel’s office in its procurement and finance division. And is wise to the ways. The answer to “why would DHS need such a vehicle?” almost certainly is this: it’s a cool toy and these (reportedly) million dollar toys are being recycled, without much of a impact on the DHS budget. So… why not?
- New Grassroots Group Call For Senator Lee Bright To Challenge Lindsey Graham | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Troops Deployed Ahead of Economic Collapse and Gun Confiscation | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Viva La Revolution: I Stand With Rand, and My Fellow Americans | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Has Gun Ownership in American Homes Really Decreased This Dramatically? | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Holder to Rand Paul: Yep, Government Can Drone Bomb US Citizens | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Gabby Gifford’s Husband Caught Buying Assault Rifle | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- N. Korea threatens ‘pre-emptive’ nuclear strike against US | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- So Much For The “Pledge To America” | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Lindsey Graham – The Most Dangerous Man to America | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- US to Purchase Fleet of Enhanced Drones Despite Budget Cuts | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)