It only took 13 hours of filibustering by Sen. Rand Paul to get a straight answer. All Senator Paul wanted to know is if the president can kill Americans on U.S. Soil.
In a brief and direct letter from U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, we have learned that Rand’s stand was not in vain. The Obama administration admits that it’s not legal for them to kill American citizens without due process of law.
Dear Senator Paul:
It has come to my attention that you have asked an additional question: “Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?” The Answer is no.
Eric H. Holder, Jr.
Paul, the son of former congressman Ron Paul, received support for popular GOP senators such as fellow Kentucky legislator Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Ted Cruz (R-TX).
Unlike the those who came to ‘Stand With Rand’, Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and his side-kick Lindsey Graham (R-SC) chose to ‘sit with Obama’ instead as they attended a dinner at the White House. McCain and Graham were not the only GOP senators who skipped out on the fight either.
Both Rand those GOP Senators who oppose him have hit the cable news shows to continue the debate, even with the apparent submission by Holder.
There is a dying breed of republicans in Washington, they’re called neo-cons, and they seem to have lost all the power they once yielded in their party.
- Rand Paul’s #filiblizzard filibuster | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Wall of Shame: List of GOP Senators who didn’t #StandWithRand | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Stand With Rand Trending Out Of Control On Twitter | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Holder to Rand Paul: Yep, Government Can Drone Bomb US Citizens | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Viva La Revolution: I Stand With Rand, and My Fellow Americans | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- List of Senators That Thought Your Freedom Isn’t Worth Showing Up for | the Jeenyus Corner (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul Questions Obama Drone Policy On Fox News | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul Revolution Continues With Daily Radio Show | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Lindsey Graham Backs Extremist Obama Appointee | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Fox Carolina Viewers Furious Over ‘Day Of Resistance’ Coverage | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)