Victor Kocher, Chairman
Timothy Moultrie, Press Secretary
If Lindsey Graham were an ill-informed run-of-the-mill Joe Six-pack, one might forgive him for his fervor as the United States prosecutes its vaguely defined war on terror. However, Lindsey is anything but ill-informed. He served as a Colonel in the U. S. Air Force Reserve and as a senior instructor for the Judge Advocate General’s Corps, U. S. Air Force. He is an attorney and United States Senator who has sworn no less than six (6) times in his political career an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
Why then, does Lindsey attack, evade, and undermine our Constitution with such vigor? Since 2001, Lindsey has been a proponent of the so-called Patriot Act. In one legislative motion, Lindsey supported the abolition of the intent of the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Eighth Amendments to the Constitution. Freedom of speech, freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, due process, and a speedy and public trial were all attacked. Adding to that list, cruel and unusual punishments were allowed until the passage of the McCain Detainee Treatment Act in 2005.
“Free speech is a great idea, but we’re in a war.” ~ L. Graham, Face the Nation (04/03/2011)
Abolishing half of the rights guaranteed under the Bill of Rights would be a coup for any tinhorn dictator, but Lindsey was just warming up. His actions have also undermined the right of Americans to carry $10,000 outside the country, gutted the principle of habeas corpus (a right established in 1215 with the Magna Carta), and voided the Constitutional requirement of the Congress to declare war.
In a 2009 CNN interview, Lindsey even referred to Guantanamo as a model for domestic detention of U.S. citizens.
Will his war end? Apparently not. Lindsey’s latest pronouncement declared his support for using drones to conduct executions of Americans without due process or trial. Even the backwater Yemeni government began trying Anwar al-Awlaki in absentia in November 2010. Yet Lindsey suggests, with a straight face, that the most powerful country in the world cannot conduct a trial for a U.S. citizen in absentia; that it cannot place a public notice of trial in Al Jeezera; and that it cannot adhere to the due process of the law. The question then becomes, what distinguishes him from the enemies of our liberties?
If Senator Graham is truly intent on attacking the enemies of America, our Constitution, and our way of life, he needs to start by taking a harder look at his own proposals.
- Ted Cruz Has “Bomb Throwing” Debut In US Senate | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Supreme Court To Hear Obama ID Forgery Case | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rep. Jeff Duncan lobbying to bring gun manufacturers to SC | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Senator Resigns Shaking Up South Carolina’s Political Landsape | THE JEENYUS CORNER (libertyneversleeps.wordpress.com)
- Rand Paul Questions Obama Drone Policy On Fox News | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Marines Peform ‘Mock Assault’ on Small Town Airfield in South Carolina | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Erik Garcés: UNDENIABLE – You’re not supposed to know | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Charged With DUI Without Being High? Yes Says Arizona Court | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Jack-Ass And Anti-gun Fanatic Piers Morgan Exploits College Shooting | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- California Cop: A Gun is Not a Defensive Weapon | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)