Former South Carolina Governor, Mark Sanford released the first TV campaign ad yesterday in his current bid for the 1st District congressional seat previously held by Tim Scott.
This comes after picking up a key endorsement among Republicans and Conservatives this past Thursday from Erick Erickson of RedState.com.
The ad focuses on the monstrous national debt and out of control spending that continues to feed the beast of big government in Washington DC.
It also addresses the controversial 2009 affair with an Argentinian journalist that ended his marriage, with Sanford saying; “None of us go through life without mistakes, but in their wake, we can learn about grace, a God of second chances, and be the better for it.”
There are two big issues not mentioned in the ad, which will likely play a large factor for South Carolina voters. Those issues are the fast growing nullification movement, whereby individual states could use the Tenth Amendment to overturn unconstitutional federal laws.
The other topic not addressed is the increased fear over new federal gun control laws as President Obama and democrats call for increased restrictions on the second amendment.
According to a source working for Mark Sandford’s campaign, the former governor is “adamantly opposed to all types of gun control.”
The source, who was speaking under the condition of anonymity, says the congressional candidate is taking a more “broad response” when it comes to nullification, stating; “he (Sanford) will go to DC to repeal legislation, rather than pass new legislation.”
- Former SC Gov. Mark Sanford announces he’s running for the House | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Three Awesome Glock Ads Featuring “Gunny” R. Lee Emery | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- California Cop: A Gun is Not a Defensive Weapon | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Former Governor Reportedly Seeking South Carolina Congressional Seat | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Stupid question, excellent response- Awesome Pro-Gun Comeback Against News Repeater | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul Questions Obama Drone Policy On Fox News | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Supreme Court To Hear Obama ID Forgery Case | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- SC Senator Lee Bright Introduces Legislation To Nullify Federal Gun Laws | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Letter From Resident To Mayor and Town Council Over “Mock Assault” In Upstate SC | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)