In the most strident warning over gun control to President Obama yet, the Utah Sheriffs’ Association is pledging to go to war over any administration plan to take guns away, even if it means losing their lives.
Calling the Second Amendment a sacred right of citizens to protect themselves from “tyrannical subjugation,” the association state elected sheriffs said in a new letter, “we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.”
Theirs is the first meaningful proof that some in law enforcement and the military are preparing to fight federal forces if the president wins his goal of sweeping gun control.
In a direct warning to Obama, the FBI and other agencies, the sheriffs wrote: “Make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs our our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights–in particular Amendment II–has given them.”
While he wants an assault weapons ban and limits on ammo magazines, the president has not yet suggested he wants to confiscate guns.
The association revealed their concerns in a letter to the president just made public. It was sent on January 17. It opens by decrying the recent shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
- Texas Governor Slaps Back Against Obama Executive Action | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- SC Strikes Back Against Obama With Legislation And ‘Guns Across America’ Rally | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Erik Garcés: Arguing With Statists | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- SC Bureau of Protective Services Patty Wagon at Pro-gun Rally | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Journal News map-listed guns, permits stolen from New City home, cops say | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Re: Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- NRA chief says group accepts background checks | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Lupe Fiasco Kicked Off Stage at Obama Inauguration Concert | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Utah Sheriffs take stance on gun control (fox13now.com)