Sunday Night Football is usually full of athleticism, feats of super-human performance, and of course the fan favorite bone crushing hits. Tonight’s NBC broadcast has been as brutal as ever, but there is one person who will be “feeling the hurt” more than anyone else come tomorrow. That man is Bob Costas.
The sports commentator for NBC has bitten off more than he could chew with an anti-second amendment remark he made in relation to the tragic suicide of NFL athlete, Jovan Belcher.
Belcher allegedly shot his girlfriend, 22-year-old Kasandra M. Perkins. Soon after the murder of Perkins the Kansas City Chief’s linebacker is reported to have turned the gun on himself, ending both lives.
Costas cited an article written by Jason Whitlock of Fox News, bashing the second amendments to the U.S. Constitution when he said:
“Writer Jason Whitlock, with whom I do not always agree but today said it so well that we may as well just quote or paraphrase from the end of his article.
Our current gun culture, Whitlock wrote, ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.’
Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.
In the coming days, Jovan Belcher’s actions and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows? But here, wrote Jason Whitlock, is what I believe: If Jovan Belcher didn’t possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.”
-Bob Costas; NBC
One online fan posted the following comment on the Sunday Night Football on NBC Facebook page:
“Does Bob Costas even live in this world? Tell me, if you can Bobby…how many nations have anti-gun laws? Let’s go with an easy one…Great Britain…Ya think the criminals carry no guns? Ok, so Belcher doesn’t have a gun, get’s enraged and pulls a kitchen knife where upon he begins slashing and stabbing that young woman to death and then cuts his own wrists….yeah, Bob, you’re an idiot….I’m done with you guys!!”
-Edward D. via Facebook
Another Facebook user chimed in:
“Hey Bob Costas — so, Belcher couldn’t have used a knife or a car. It was the gun the got up on its own and killed an innocent woman? You are a key example of why this country is so conflicted. Bad people do bad things. Belcher was a bad person. Should we stop the police from carrying guns, too? I’m so sick and tired of the liberal commentary being so completely dead wrong. Wow”
-Harold B. via Facebook
Twitter was also filled with criticizim of Costas from people of all walks of life:
Bob Costas, who’s gotten rich thanks in part to a sport that destroys men’s bodies and brains, gives us a little civics lecture.—
Andy Levy (@andylevy) December 03, 2012
#Costas, most people h8 the idiocy that spews out of your & all liberals mouths these days. Do you hear us saying we should ban free speech?—
Montana (@Montana1010) December 03, 2012
Walter (@WalterGa) December 03, 2012
Joe Calvey (@JoeCalvey) December 03, 2012
Mr. Sunshine (@jackbrazen) December 03, 2012
Frank Zentura (@frankzentura) December 03, 2012
After the statements Mr. Costas made on-air, one thing has become remarkably clear:
Bob Costas is an ANTI-CONSTITUTION, liberal douche-bag, who is un-American. He sold his soul, long ago, to the globalist puppet-masters who seek to enslave us all.
- Second Amendment to Blame for KC Chiefs Player’s Murder/Suicide? (conservativebyte.com)
- Bob Costas hijacks Sunday Night Football to give anti-gun lecture (twitchy.com)
- Bob Costas, NBC Exploit Kansas City Chiefs Tragedy to Attack Americans’ Constitutional Right of Self Defense (pjmedia.com)
- Twitter users explore #WhatBobCostasBelieves (twitchy.com)
- What Obama Wants.. (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
- Police Fatally Shoot an Unarmed Driver on the Grand Central Parkway | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- FACEBOOK: Painted Ass Pics Are O.K. But Don’t You Dare Talk About GMO’s Or We’ll Block You | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N. arms treaty talks | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Another Obama Executive Order Allows Seizure of Americans’ Bank Accounts | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama Celebrates Re-Election By Bombing Yemen With Drones | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)