THE JEENYUS CORNER
By Penny Starr
(CNSNews.com) – It’s Friday morning, and so far today, the Obama administration has posted 165 new regulations and notifications on its reguations.gov website.
In the past 90 days, it has posted 6,125 regulations and notices – an average of 68 a day.
The website allows visitors to find and comment on proposed regulations and related documents published by the U.S. federal government. “Help improve Federal regulations by submitting your comments,” the website says.
The thousands of entries run the gamut from meeting notifications to fee schedules to actual rules and proposed rule changes.
In recent days, for example, the EPA posted a proposed rule involving volatile organic compound emissions from architectural coatings: “We are approving a local rule that regulates these emission sources under the Clean Air Act (CAA or the Act),” the proposed rule states. “We are taking comments on this proposal and plan to follow with a final action.”
Another proposed rule will provide guidance for FDA staff on “enforcement criteria for canned ackee, frozen ackee, and other ackee products that contain hypoglycin A.” (Ackee is the national fruit of Jamaica; unripened or inedible portions can be toxic.)
Some of the proposed regulations revise regulations already on the books.
The website also links to a video of a speech President Barack Obama gave at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C. on Feb. 7, 2011, in which the president promised to remove “outdated and unnecessary regulations.”
“I’ve ordered a government-wide review, and if there are rules on the books that are needlessly stifling job creation and economic growth, we will fix them,” the president said.
A number of groups, including the Competitive Enterprise Institute, expect a rush of new regulations now that President Obama has won a second term:
CEI expects the EPA to move ahead on delayed rules on everything from greenhouse gas emissions to ozone standards. “Rules from the health care bill and the Dodd-Frank financial regulation bill will also likely make themselves known in the weeks to come,” the group said on its website.
- 6,125 Proposed Regulations and Notifications Posted in Last 90 Days–Average 68 per Day (cnsnews.com)
- 6,125 Proposed Regulations And Notifications Posted In Last 90 Days… Average 68 Per Day (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Doug Wead- Rand Paul for President: 2016 | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- In Past 90 Days Obama Admin Posts 68 New Regulations Each Day (freedomoutpost.com)
- The Many Accomplishments Of President Obama… | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- 6,125 Proposed Regulations and Notifications Posted in Last 90 Days – Average 68 per Day (itmakessenseblog.com)
- 6,125 Proposed Regulations and Notifications Posted in Last 90 Days–Average 68 per Day (12160.info)
- After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N. arms treaty talks | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Karl Rove vs. Fox News | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama May Levy Carbon Tax to Cut U.S. Deficit, HSBC Says | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)