THE JEENYUS CORNER
By Ryan W. McMaken
(LewRockwell.com) – Romney lost today to a guy who is overseeing a horrible economy, prosecuting unpopular wars, and who can barely string 5 words together without a teleprompter. This was the best the Republican Party can do. Not only are the Republicans evil, they’re evil and contemptible losers, which is far worse.
The biggest losers tonight are of course people who value peace and freedom, but we would have also lost if Romney won. The GOP is right up there in the loser category, however. The GOP lost seats in the Senate, and did little to improve its position in the House. It has served up two ridiculously bad nominees in a row, claiming “electability” and then going down in flames.
Rand Paul certainly came out of this looking very bad as well. He fell in line behind the party masters, banking on some advantage to be gained through an endorsement of Romney. He ended up just looking politically unsavvy and unprincipled. There is little to be gained either, from playing ball with a Party that as inept as the GOP at this point.
It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that the GOP may actually show sign of disintegration in the next several years. The GOP has ceased to present any sort of actual alternative, and worse yet, it can’t run a winning candidate. Once that happens, the coalition that makes up your political party will begin to fall apart.
The Ron Paul movement is a big winner here. The GOP told the libertarians in the party to get lost, and the GOP paid for it. Interestingly, both Iowa and Nevada, where Ron Paul supporters gained control of the state party, both went to Obama after the Romney campaign actively fought to disenfranchise Ron Paul supporters. I guess the GOP got what it wanted there.
There is exactly one movement that offers any real opposition to the status quo, and it ain’t the conservative movement, which is on life support and entering a permanent vegetative state. Ron Paul’s libertarian movement, brimming with well-educated young people, is the only thing left standing. The GOP operatives who predicted a big victory tonight just look pathetic.
On foreign policy, if it proves to be true that Obama is truly reluctant to engage in the mass murder of Iranians, that may be a victory there all by itself. Time well tell on that one.
And finally, when the economy enters a deep recession in a couple of years (or sooner), it will be good that Obama will be in office. You all know how it would have gone otherwise: After a couple of years of Romney misrule, the media will decide that Romney was the candidate of “free markets.” Then, mired in a depression, our wise overlords will declare that “we tried that free market thing, and look what happened.”
- Ron Paul foresees 2012 outcome: Status Quo Will Win | JCTV | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Doug Wead: How Mitt Romney cheated his way to the GOP nomination | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- GOP in Deep Trouble, Ron Paul Looking Good (lewrockwell.com)
- Hands Off the Electoral College by Ron Paul | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul- From Candidate To Movement In One Election Cycle | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- GOP now ironically begging Ron Paul supporters for help | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview With Brian “B-Ryan” Doyle: Pro-Liberty Democrat Challenging Rep. Jeff Duncan | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Republican Electors Threaten to Vote for Ron Paul Instead of Romney | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- My Vote Still Belongs To Ron Paul | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- 3 Ron Paul-Supporting Electors May Not Support Republican Ticket | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)