Sen. Paul Statement on Administration’s Failure in Libya
(FoxNews.com) – WASHINGTON, D.C. – Sen. Rand Paul today issued the following statement regarding new information pertaining to the Obama Administration’s mishandling of the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
The more we learn about the response to the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, the more apparent it is that the Administration completely failed to adequately protect Americans in danger. They failed to provide a Marine detachment to defend our diplomatic facilities in Libya—one of the most dangerous places on the planet—and they failed to act when those facilities came under attack. Americans posted in Libya repeatedly expressed their concern to their superiors that it was unsafe and that they were not adequately protected. Where were the Marines?
The Consulate’s annex in Benghazi was under siege for more than four hours, and this came after the first attack on the U.S. Consulate compound. Despite repeated requests for help, dozens of Americans were left to fend for themselves against heavily armed terrorists. With hours to respond, there was more than enough time to dispatch a Special Operations team from Sigonella Air Force Base in Sicily, but no attempt was made. And now, reports are coming out that CIA and special forces that may have been able to help were told to stand down and not intervene.
Four Americans were killed—including our Ambassador to Libya—but their lives might have been saved had we intervened. I ask again: Where were the Marines to protect American personnel in Libya?
Instead of sending Marines to defend Americans in danger, the State Department was focused on “greening” our Vienna Embassy and installing charging stations for its new electric cars.
Someone must be held accountable for this inaction. The American people and the families of those who were killed expect and deserve to know the truth behind the Administration’s complete inaction and failure to protect
- Rand Paul Calls On Congress Members to Join His Push to Cut Foreign Aid | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Lindsey Graham Slams Rand Paul on Foreign Aid Cut Proposal | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- How Could The US Embassy In BENGHAZI Be Attacked When It’s Not Even Listed? Explain This! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul stands alone against Senate’s ‘preemptive war’ resolution for Iran | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Libya Warned US Three Days Before Consulate Attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Updates from Senator Rand Paul (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- Exclusive: Libya Cable Detailed Threats | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul Defends Doctor Being Held In Pakistan | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Group of Marines, Warships and Drones to be Deployed on Libya after Benghazi Attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- U.S. officer got no reply to requests for more security in Benghazi | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)