THE JEENYUS CORNER
By Joe Miller
(JoeMiller.US)- In a development that should outrage every red-blooded, patriotic American, the Obama Administration announced that international observers in the United States cannot be arrested by state law enforcement even if the United Nations representatives violate state law.
As we publicized earlier this week, “United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups.” [Click on this “Limited Election Observation Mission to the United States of America” list to see where the international observers will be deploying in your state.]
Unlike Alaska’s current passivity, Texas confronted this offensive intrusion by international observers with a warning from its Attorney General’s office: “[G]roups and individuals from outside the United States do not have jurisdiction to interfere with Texas elections.” The Attorney General himself also threatened that,
individuals from outside the United States are not allowed to influence or interfere with the election process in Texas. This State has robust election laws that were carefully crafted to protect the integrity of our election system. All persons—including persons connected with OSCE—are required to comply with these laws.
Elections and election observation are regulated by state law. The Texas Election Code governs anyone who participates in Texas elections—including representatives of the OSCE. The OSCE’s representatives are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place. It may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance. Failure to comply with these requirements could subject the OSCE’s representatives to criminal prosecution for violating state law.
- Texas official threatens to arrest election monitors observing US polls (guardian.co.uk)
- Texas attorney general threatens to arrest international election monitors (rawstory.com)
- International vote monitors warn Texas: Don’t mess with us (news.yahoo.com)
- International vote monitors warn Texas: Don’t mess with us (reuters.com)
- Texas threatens prosecution against international poll watchers (foxnews.com)
- Texas Attorney General Tells U.N. Election Observers To Keep Their Distance (forbes.com)
- United Nations investigates Obama’s drone attacks to see if killing civilians is a war crime | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- State Attorney General Greg Abbott to the UN: Don’t Mess with Texas, Y’all (pjmedia.com)
- Texas Threatens To Arrest U.N. Election ‘Observers’, U.N. Throws Fit (5440fight.com)
- Tip of the Hat to Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, God Bless you! (wdednh.wordpress.com)