Iran already boasting of capability to use technology against U.S.
THE JEENYUS CORNER
by F. MICHAEL MALOOF
WASHINGTON (WND) – A pre-programmed cruise missile not too different from a drone has been proven to be capable of blasting out an EMP-type microwave that was able to destroy personal computers and electrical systems inside a building over which it was flying.
The U.S. Air Force and its contractor Boeing have created the High-powered Microwave Advanced Missile Project, or CHAMP, which was just tested over a Utah desert.
It’s a project of Boeing’s Phantom Works team and the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy Directorate, along with Raytheon Ktech, which supplied the high power microwave, or HPM.
The action of the high power microwave has the same effect as an electromagnetic pulse, or EMP, from either a high-altitude exploded nuclear weapon or a massive solar storm, but not with their intensity.
The cruise missile, which was launched from a U.S. bomber, was pre-programmed to fly over a target and shoot a burst of high power microwaves at a two-story building. It knocked out rows of personal computers and electrical systems which were shown in a video taken of the test.
Following the first target, the cruise missile then was guided to six other targets, resulting in knocking out all electronics.
“In the near future, this technology may be used to render an enemy’s electronic and data systems useless even before the first troops or aircraft arrive,” according to Keith Coleman, the CHAMP program manager of Boeing’s Phantom Works.
The weapons are getting more sophisticated. How will you protect your family. Have you considered a hardened structure?
The cruise missile is equipped with a powerful magnetron that produces a massive pulse of microwave radiation. The magnetron is a high-powered vacuum tube that generates microwaves that uses the interaction of electrons with a magnetic field. It also is used in radars and microwave ovens.
The Air Force test showed that a non-lethal weapon can knock out multiple electronic targets without collateral damage. It has the same effect as a magnetic flux-compression generator, or MFCG, bomb which can produce electrical energy of some tens of Mega Joules in just tens of microseconds in a relatively small package.
In effect, the MFCG is a directed electromagnetic pulse gun that has military application as its primary use.
- Big Brother’s New Toy: An EMP Cruise Missile (johngaltfla.com)
- High Power Microwaves: America’s next generation of warfare. (thewesternexperience.com)
- Microwave Missile Test Targets Electronics, Not People (space.com)
- Bad-ass Boeing missile flies over buildings, fries computers with microwaves (geekwire.com)
- CHAMP missile test flight knocks out electronic devices with a burst of energy (gizmag.com)
- Boeing tests badass missile that can knock out computers, electrical systems with a high-powered microwave pulse (theaviationist.com)
- Boeing tests electronics-killing CHAMP microwave missile (slashgear.com)
- Microwave Missile Test Targets Electronics, Not People (livescience.com)
- Boeing successfully tests EMP microwave missile (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- 2012 US Elections: Obamney vs. Rombama | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)