THE JEENYUS CORNER
SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCSC) –
A traffic ticket can ruin your day, but for one Lowcountry woman it changed her life. It was the citation that got her on the road to weight-loss success.
It’s not easy fighting fat in one of the heaviest states in the country. A map shows South Carolina as one of a dozen states where more than thirty percent of the people are obese.
If you are one of those thirty percent, you may realize you face serious health problems. But you may not know about another potential killer. Researchers have found extremely obese people are 60 percent less likely to buckle up when they get behind the wheel and are 56 percent more likely to die in a car crash.
Janette Colantonio, of Summerville, remembers the drive home from school when a state trooper pulled her over.
“I saw the blue lights behind me and I pretty much knew what the ticket was going to be for,” Colantonio said.
Colantonio wasn’t wearing her seatbelt. But at 408 pounds, she couldn’t get it across her frame. She had not buckled up for years.
- Traffic ticket inspires Summerville woman to lose more than 200 pounds (wtvm.com)
- Traffic ticket inspires Summerville woman to lose more than 200 pounds (anubianqueen.wordpress.com)
- Sweetheart Business Deals Bad For South Carolina | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Seatbelt Traffic Ticket Spurs Woman To Lose 200 Pounds! (newsone.com)
- Who Picks Judges in South Carolina? | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- “Boss Hog” Gets Hog-Tied By The State Senate Ethics Committee | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- South Carolina Grassroots Organizations Call for Real Reform | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Traffic Ticket Inspires Woman To Loose 200 Pounds (bluemoonpersonaltraining.com)
- Palestinian killed as Israel shells Gaza | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- NYPD agent provocateur reveals spying on Muslims | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)