THE JEENYUS CORNER
At least one person has been killed and two others wounded in an Israeli artillery attack in the northern Gaza Strip, according to local medical sources.
The men were fighters hit while they were trying to fire rockets at Israeli towns, a Hamas-affiliated radio station reported.
The Israeli shelling followed a bomb attack earlier on Tuesday which wounded an Israeli army officer on patrol along the strip. The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine claimed responsibility for that attack.
The violence comes as the emir of Qatar visited the occupied territory, the first head of state to visit Gaza since an international blockade was imposed in 2007.
Fighters also fired four rockets from the Gaza Strip into southern Israel on Tuesday, but they landed without causing any casualties or damage.
Two Palestinian fighters were killed in Israeli air strikes on Sunday.
- Israeli air strike wounds two militants, eight bystanders in Gaza Strip | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Jimmy Carter Claims Israel Creating ‘Catastrophic’ Situation With Palestinians | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Israel kills two Palestinian fighters during Gaza incursion (worldbulletin.net)
- Rocket barrage rains on southern Israel (timesofisrael.com)
- PressTV: Israel to take over more lands in Palestinian city of Qalqilya | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Qatar’s Leader Visits Gaza (voanews.com)
- OH, BOO HOO! Those poor, starving, oppressed, no longer occupied Arabs of Gaza | BARE NAKED ISLAM (paulmarcelrene.wordpress.com)
- ‘IDF may need to re-enter Gaza soon,’ colonel says (timesofisrael.com)
- Gaza Prepares To Welcome The Prince Of Qatar (imemc.org)
- Israel will continue to target attackers, Netanyahu tells Blair (jta.org)