THE JEENYUS CORNER
By Jennifer Rubin
President Obama’s attempts to wriggle free from his own words and actions on Libya are making things worse.
American Crossroads, taking exception to Obama’s announcement last night that he really had declared Benghazi to be an act of terrorism, has sent out a memo, which reads:
The President clearly misled the American people with this claim, because if Obama’s Rose Garden speech was indeed the White House position, it did not inform any subsequent statement by the White House press office — and was even directly contradicted by his own spokesman several days later.
On September 20 — eight days after Obama claims to have called the Benghazi attack an “act of terror” — Jay Carney affirmed to reporters that the White House had never called it “a terrorist attack.”
From the gaggle on Air Force One, en route to Miami, 9/20/2012:
Q: Can you — have you called it a terrorist attack before? Have you said that?
MR. CARNEY: I haven’t, but — I mean, people attacked our embassy. It’s an act of terror by definition.
Q: Yes, I just hadn’t heard you —
MR. CARNEY: It doesn’t have to do with what date it occurred.
Q: No, I just hadn’t heard the White House say that this was an act of terrorism or a terrorist attack. And I just —
MR. CARNEY: I don’t think the fact that we hadn’t is not — as our NCTC Director testified yesterday, a number of different elements appear to have been involved in the attack, including individuals connected to militant groups that are prevalent in eastern Libya, particularly in the Benghazi area. We are looking at indications that individuals involved in the attack may have had connections to al Qaeda or al Qaeda’s affiliates, in particular al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb.
- How Could The US Embassy In BENGHAZI Be Attacked When It’s Not Even Listed? Explain This! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Libya Warned US Three Days Before Consulate Attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Al-Qaeda Murders U.S. Ambassador and Staff in Libya | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- US-Backed Terrorists Murder US’ Own Ambassador in Libya | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- President Obama rewrites history with “Act of Terror” reference to Libya (redalertpolitics.com)
- U.S. officer got no reply to requests for more security in Benghazi | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Exclusive: Libya Cable Detailed Threats | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Hundreds of Libyans handover their weapons | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Candy Crowley Embarrasses Herself, Falsely ‘Corrects’ Romney on Libya (newsbusters.org)
- Group of Marines, Warships and Drones to be Deployed on Libya after Benghazi Attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)