THE JEENYUS CORNER
On Sunday, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told CNN’s Candy Crowley on State of the Union that Libertarian Party Presidential candidate Gary Johnson, who has been aggressively courting former Ron Paul supporters since leaving the Republican Party earlier this year, is “almost a non-factor” in the 2012 Presidential race.
“It doesn’t worry me,” he said. “People understand that they’re not going to throw their vote away when we have an election year that’s about the future of America.”
“We don’t have a third party candidate that’s anywhere near the name recognition or the popularity of Ross Perot or John Anderson,” Priebus said. “It’s almost a non-factor.”
Gary Johnson is rarely included in public opinion polls, but in the key battleground state of Ohio, Gravis Marketing included Johnson in a recent poll released a little over a week ago prior to the first Presidential debate. Without Johnson, Mitt Romeny and Barack Obama were neck-and-neck with the President leading 45% to 44%. But when Gary Johnson was added as a choice, Obama’s lead grew to a 45% to 38% advantage with Gary Johnson getting 11% support.
The most recent national poll to include Johnson was conducted by Reason-Rupe in late September. Among 787 likely voters, Obama led by a margin of 48% to 43% at that time. With Gary Johnson included, Obama’s lead grew to a 9% advantage. Obama led Romney 49% to 40% with Gary Johnson getting support from 6% of respondents.
- Priebus: Gary Johnson a ‘non-factor’ (politico.com)
- Gary Johnson a ‘nonfactor,’ Priebus says (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson shut out of tonight’s debate, claims “system is rigged” (al.com)
- RNC Chairman Reince Priebus: Gary Johnson is a ‘non-factor’ (rawstory.com)
- An Idea For Gary Johnson RE: The Presidential Debates (libertycrier.com)
- Gary Johnson Responds to “Debate” (trommetter.com)
- New Hampshire Republican Candidate Endorses Gov. Gary Johnson For President | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Priebus: Gary Johnson a ‘non-factor’ (dailypaul.com)
- Ron Paul Suggests He’s Voting for Gary Johnson (dailypaul.com)
- Reince Priebus: Gary Johnson A ‘Non-Factor’ (thelibertarianpatriot.com)