THE JEENYUS CORNER
If you think naked body scanners are invasive, you ain’t seen nothing yet
By Steve Watson
These new “laser” body scanners, about to be deployed by the TSA, are capable of detecting every trace of any substance on your body down to a molecular level.
While the TSA claims that the purpose is to search for explosives, they are also capable of tracing the level of adrenaline in the body.
The machines will also be capable of detecting pieces marijuana within the body or on clothes and skin.
“Within the next year or two, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will instantly know everything about your body, clothes, and luggage with a new laser-based molecular scanner fired from 164 feet (50 meters) away,” reports Gizmodo.
“From traces of drugs or gun powder on your clothes to what you had for breakfast to the adrenaline level in your body—agents will be able to get any information they want without even touching you.”
The scanners have been developed by the CIA’s technology front group, In-Q-Tel. The company has continually pushed Minority Report style pre-crime technologies and is seemingly obsessed with dominating electrical appliances and turning them into tools for surveillance.
The scanners are said to be millions of times faster and more sensitive than the current naked body scanners the TSA uses, and have a much more extensive range. They can potentially be used on anyone and everyone entering an airport, or any public place for that matter, much like the iris scanners in Philip K. Dick’s landmark dystopia.
Subcontractor Genia Photonics boasts that the scanners are also extremely portable and can be moved around easily.
Given that the TSA and Homeland security are increasingly moving out of airports and are being seen at bus and train stations, sports events, malls, political events, and even music concerts, it is no giant leap to imagine these things being deployed at such locations. The trickle down effect would inevitably extend to law enforcement.
So, next time you read another story about TSA body scanners and think “hey what’s the fuss about”, we can always opt out”, think on. The time to stand up and stop the use of such invasive technologies becoming commonplace is NOW.
- TSA to Deploy Marijuana Detecting Body Scanners (dailypaul.com)
- The Better to Scan You With, My Pretty (ericpetersautos.com)
- Video of TSA drill at Sky Harbor goes viral | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul Left Tampa Yesterday. TSA harassed the good Doc and family | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- TSA to install molecular body scanners (21stcenturywire.com)
- TSA to Implement Body Scanners that Instantly Know Everything About your Body (naturalsociety.com)
- ABC News Tracks Missing iPad To Florida Home of TSA Officer | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Supreme Court Skips Out: TSA Body Scanners Are A-OK (teapartyeconomist.com)
- TSA To Install Molecular Body Scanners [Video] (shiftfrequency.com)
- Photos: TSA Checkpoint At Mitt Romney Political Event | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)