“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
St. Louis CBS Local published an article on the 27th of September 2012 entitled “Virtual House Arrest Ordered for Minors in East St. Louis.”
Apparently, “angered by the recent murders of four young people, the mayor announced today that police are going to impose drastic new measures to keep teens off the streets.” Mayor Alvin Parks said, “there is something going on in the community at this point that we’ve got to safeguard them and keep them off the streets.” He finishes, “there are people shooting at each other for no reason whatsoever.”
The following is an excerpt from the article listing some of the rules the mayor is now imposing:
“Among the rules:
**Minors are to be off the streets at ten o’clock on both weeknights and weekend nights.
**Minors on the street during school hours will be arrested on sight.
**Police will also perform I.D. checks on street corners and conduct gun searches, and Parks says he won’t hesitate to call in the National Guard if the spike in violence continues.”
According to a KMOV article as of two days ago, on the 29th of September, the mayor “is softening his earlier proposal this week of banning males in the city from wearing red or blue clothing.”
This is an unprecedented government control and it is the suspension of ordinary law, including the Constitution. This is martial law. These provisions enacted by the mayor are suspending Constitutional rights on the basis of crime. It is entirely unconstitutional to lock down a city with unwarranted searches with no basis or probable cause.
Granted, there is an extremely high crime rate in East St. Louis, Illinois. One of the reasons this could be is the state of Illinois issues no carry permits, which means residents of the state can only have guns within their home for their own protection.
It is widely recognized that when citizens are allowed to carry fire arms on them wherever they go, they can protect themselves and protect other people who might be in harm. Another thing to realize is that criminals will always be able to obtain weapons, despite them being legal or illegal. It is similar to how drugs are always bought and sold despite the fact that they are illegal. The Fast and Furious Operation is another good example. Fast and Furious, under Attorney Eric Holder’s direction, was responsible for putting weapons in the hands of South American drug cartels.
- WeAre1776.org: Reality v. Perception By Michael Connelly | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Congressional Record: The Great conspiracy to Destroy the United States | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- 9/11 Eleventh Anniversary: 9/11 Was An Inside Job (Tribute Video) | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Phoenix Citizens Told They Need a Permit to Hand Out Bottled Water, Death of the Republic | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Congressional Record: Charging Federal Reserve Members for Theft of $28 Billion Dollars, 1928 | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Big Brother’s NSID Pilot Program To Track Students In San Antonio | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Brandon J. Raub: Sentenced to Thirty Days in Psych Ward, Constitutional Rights Long Gone | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The United States Program for General and Complete Disarmament In A Peace World | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- How America became AmeriKa- The Third Reich’s Relationship to the United States, Operation Paperclip | THE JEENYUS CORNER (a1dreamvacation.wordpress.com)
- The United States Program for General and Complete Disarmament In A Peace World | THE JEENYUS CORNER (a1dreamvacation.wordpress.com)