THE JEENYUS CORNER
What began as a local effort by Muslim Americans to honor ambassador Chris Stevens who died during the attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya earlier this month has become a global online movement.
Thousands of Muslims and others around the world have come together under the banner of Celebrate Mercy’s MercyMail campaign to offer their condolences and support to Stevens’ family.
“It’s just gone viral,” Tarek el Messidi, the young Muslim businessman and Celebrate Mercy founder who came up with the idea for the condolence campaign, told ABC 9 News.
el Messidi told WATE.com that the goal of the campaign had initially been to encourage 1,000 people to send online condolences to Stevens’ family. Within two days, however, that number was increased to 5,000.
And now, Celebrate Mercy says, even that goal has been smashed.
According to a press release published on Wednesday by the non-profit Muslim group, over 7,000 letters have been sent from 110 countries in eleven days and more continue to be sent out “at a rate of one letter every two minutes.”
The organization says it has received letters from Muslims “spanning five continents,” including many Libyans and Libyan-Americans.
- Libya Warned US Three Days Before Consulate Attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- US-Backed Terrorists Murder US’ Own Ambassador in Libya | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Website for Libya victims goes viral (wcpo.com)
- Muslims Send Condolence Letters Sent to Stevens Family (crooksandliars.com)
- October surprise to “Carterize” Obama | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Marines Sent to Libya After Murder of Ambassador | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Libyan president to NBC: Anti-Islam film had ‘nothing to do with’ US Consulate attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Fed-Up Muslims Attack Islamic Fundamentalists In Libya | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Group of Marines, Warships and Drones to be Deployed on Libya after Benghazi Attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)