Syrian security forces have killed up to 100 Afghan insurgents in the northwestern city of Aleppo over the past two days, Press TV reports.
On Thursday, the Syrian forces also arrested about 100 armed men near the capital, Damascus.
Many insurgents were killed during clashes with the Syrian troops in Aleppo’s Maysaloon district on Wednesday. The Syrian army also seized large amounts of weapons and ammunition, including Israel-made bombs.
The army has launched a mop-up operation against the insurgents in Aleppo since August 8. Scores of terrorists have been killed in the operation so far.
Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011.
Damascus says that the chaos is being orchestrated from outside the country, and there are reports that a very large number of the insurgents are foreign nationals.
Also on Thursday, the foreign-sponsored insurgents downed a Syrian military helicopter in the town of Douma, east of Damascus, and killed the crew of the helicopter in an execution-style shooting.
- Syrian troops storm Damascus refugee area, chase rebels | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- NATO Terrorists to Target Syria’s Civilian Airports | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Syrian army advances into another insurgent-held district in Aleppo (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- Syrian air strike on petrol station kills dozens, say rebels (guardian.co.uk)
- Syrian troops kill hundreds of insurgents in Aleppo: state media – Xinhua (news.xinhuanet.com)
- Syrian army faces tougher battle in Aleppo than Damascus (dailystar.com.lb)
- Syrian army poised to take Aleppo – officials (english.ruvr.ru)
- Syrian air strike kills at least 54: activists – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Syria Says Troops Advance in Aleppo (abcnews.go.com)
- Leader Of Syria Terrorists In Aleppo Killed (dprogram.net)