“All they do is read scripture and have giant, giant pictures of dead fetuses”
Paul Joseph Watson
Time Magazine’s Joel Stein courted controversy during a KLBJ 97.3 radio interview this morning when he joked that the number of placards he had seen at the RNC by people protesting against abortion made him want to stage a beauty pageant for dead fetuses.
Stein appeared as a guest on the Dudley and Bob Morning Show which is broadcast on KLBJ 97.3 FM, a sister station of KLBJ 590 AM, which carries the Alex Jones Show. Stein’s comment occurs in the 2nd hour of the September 6 interview at about the 31 minute time mark.
After raving about Bill Clinton’s DNC speech and describing himself as “far left,” Stein was asked at which convention he had seen the “freakiest, craziest stuff.”
“The conservative protesters, all they do is read the bible…all they do is read scripture and have giant, giant pictures of dead fetuses,” Stein responded.
“I’ve seen so many bloody fetuses that I can literally tell good looking fetuses from ugly fetuses,” Stein added, much to the amusement of the hosts.
Stein then suggested that the dead fetuses should be entered into a beauty pageant.
“I wanted to walk around and pick a “Miss Fetus,” he remarked.
One of the hosts responded to Stein’s outburst by commenting, “you’re going to get us into trouble.”
It’s by no means the first time Stein has stoked controversy. In a 2008 L.A. Times column, he remarked that a poll showing only 22% of Americans believed Jews run Hollywood – down from 50% in 1964 – “just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood.”
Stein was not the only public figure to crack a crude joke about abortion in the context of the DNC. Actress Jenny Mollen was accused of making “vile” remarks after she tweeted, “Sorry I missed the #DNC . I was busy having a DNC.” DNC is an acronym for “dilation and curettage,” a gynecological procedure occasionally performed during abortions.
- the watson bros are actually english (niqnaq.wordpress.com)
- Time Magazine Writer Jokes About “Dead Fetus” Beauty Pageant at RNC (sgtreport.com)
- TIME Magazine Writer: Not A Lot Of ‘White Men On Display’ At The DNC (mediaite.com)
- Todd Akin launches new website with fetuses, grammar errors (dailykos.com)
- Dems would rather risk being seen as celebrating death than talk about the economy (legalinsurrection.com)
- Republican Platform Makes False Claim That Fetuses Feel Pain (alan.com)
- Vile: Jason Biggs’ wife thinks abortion is hilarious (twitchy.com)
- Romney involved in business that disposed of aborted fetuses (americablog.com)
- Abort Babies at 9 Months Gestation & Make Everyone Pay for It – It’s the DNC Way (independentsentinel.com)
- The Bible Says More About Unicorns Than Fetuses — Maybe Anti-Choice Christians Should Take a Closer Read (alternet.org)