September 4, 2012
Dr. Keith Ablow, a prominent psychiatrist and member of the Fox News “Medical A-Team,” recently wrote an editorial for the news giant that questions the safety of water fluoridation in light of all the recent science illustrating its dangers. The piece is indicative of an increasing awareness, even within the mainstream media, that Americans have not been told the full story about fluoride, despite having it largely forced on them in the name of promoting dental health.
Citing a recent scientific review compiled by experts at Harvard University that identifies a clear link between fluoride exposure and brain damage, Dr. Ablow rightly presses the issue about whether or not fluoridating public water supplies truly is in the best interests of promoting public health. NaturalNews also recently covered the Harvard study, which was published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives. (http://www.naturalnews.com/036873_fluoride_lower_IQ_brain_damage.html)
Surprising that it would come from a source like Fox News, Dr. Ablow points out that a comprehensive analysis of 27 different fluoride studies confirms that fluoride damages brain tissue, particularly in unborn babies and young children. Such exposure to fluoride, which comes not only from drinking fluoridated water but also from bathing in it, ends up significantly lowering the average IQ level among children exposed, the analysis found.
Not only that, fluoride exposure visibly changes cellular structures in the brain, according to Dr. Ablow’s analysis of the study, which in turn increases levels of aluminum in brain tissue. This aluminum buildup coincides with the formation of beta-amyloid plaques in the brain which, as you may recall, are linked to the development of Alzheimer’s disease and various other forms of dementia.
What the Harvard study confirms, in other words, is that even relatively minimal exposure to fluoride among children and babies is linked to brain development abnormalities, dementia, and other forms of mental illness. And as we have pointed out numerous times before here at NaturalNews, fluoride also replaces natural iodine in the thyroid and other glands, causing severe hormonal changes that affect numerous aspects of human health. (http://www.naturalnews.com/031317_fluoride_iodine.html)
All of this emerging research, of course, is what prompted the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to adjust its recommendation for optimal fluoride levels in public water supplies (http://www.naturalnews.com/030952_CDC_fluoride.html). There simply is no way for so-called health experts and conventional dentists to legitimately continue denying that fluoride exposure is toxic, particularly for the youngest members of society.
Why, then, are cities like Portland, Oregon, which have long refused to jump on the fluoridation bandwagon, now suddenly considering adding fluoride to their water supplies? (http://www.naturalnews.com) This is essentially the same question being asked by Fox News‘ Dr. Ablow, who admits that, based on all the available data, it makes no scientific sense to deliver fluoride chemicals via the water supply, if at all.
You can read Dr. Ablow’s write-up here: http://www.foxnews.com
Oppose fluoridation of Portland’s water supply on September 6
Concerning Portland’s proposed addition of fluoride to the public water supply, health freedom advocates and those opposed to forcibly mass-medicating Portland residents with fluoride toxins can attend, and even speak at, an open hearing on September 6 at 2:00 pm at Portland City Hall. The hearing will take place on the second floor of the building in the Council Chambers, which is located at 1221 SW 4th Ave. in Portland.
The official City Council vote on whether or not to fluoridate will reportedly take place on September 12.
To learn more, and to contact the Portland City Council to express vehement opposition to water fluoridation, visit: http://www.portlandonline.com/index.cfm?c=28533
- Portland, Oregon to spend $5 million to poison its residents with toxic fluoride (informationliberation.com)
- Mainstream media begins questioning safety of fluoride (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Chemist declares fluoride to be ‘one of the greatest public health threats of modern times’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ – Published in Federal Gov’t Journal | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Mike Adams – PROOF: Chinese industrial fluoride suppliers openly list sodium fluoride as ‘insecticide’ and ‘adhesive preservative’ in addition to water treatment chemical (prn.fm)
- Yes to Fluoride: A Smart Health Equity tool. (blueoregon.com)
- NaturalNews – Mike Adams – Proof : Chinese Industrial Fluoride Suppliers Openly List Sodium Fluoride As ‘Insecticide’And ‘Adhesive Preservative’ In Addtion To Water Treatment Chemical – 31 August 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Lawrence, Kansas, fights to end water fluoridation | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Multnomah County commissioners endorse city of Portland’s plan to fluoridate water supply (oregonlive.com)