(CNN) — Michael Clarke Duncan, nominated for an Academy Award for his role in the 1999 film “The Green Mile,” has died at age 54, according to a representative for his family.
Duncan “suffered a myocardial infarction on July 13 and never fully recovered,” a written statement from Joy Fehily said.
Clarke died at a Los Angeles hospital where he had been since having the heart attack more than seven weeks ago.
According to TMZ, it was Duncan’s girlfriend Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth, a reality star and former contestant on “The Apprentice,” who had acted quickly and provided lifesaving efforts when he had the heart attack.
Most recently he was on the TV series, “The Finder,” on the Fox network.
- Actor Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54 (ktbs.com)
- ‘Green Mile’ actor Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54 (savannahnow.com)
- Michael Clarke Duncan Dead at 54 (gossipcop.com)
- Michael Clarke Duncan Dead at 54; Oscar Nominee Appeared on TV’s The Finder, Chuck (tvline.com)
- Actor Michael Clarke Duncan dies (wjla.com)