By Paul Slansky
Last week, Paul Ryan gave an interview in which, defending his position that there should be no excuses for abortion, he referred to rape as a “method of conception.”
Wow, right? Talk about a benign euphemism. Rape — RAPE! — is now a “method of conception.” You know, like love-making, just without the love.
There could be no greater testament to the utter abdication of responsibility by what passes for a “news” media in America in 2012 than that, despite the grotesquerie of this cavalierly callous comment, chances are better than good that this is the first you’re hearing of it.
Here, watch it — and try to figure out why this has gotten NO MAINSTREAM MEDIA play (not even here at the Huffington Post) despite it being, to my mind, a far more offensive remark than Todd Akin’s imbecilic blurt of last weekend. What, are we tired of stupid remarks about rape now, so Ryan gets a free pass?
- Ron Paul’s Rally: The Event That Could Give Birth To A New Party | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul Ryan Explains: Rape Is Just a “Method of Conception” (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Chuck Baldwin – Paul Ryan: More Of The Same | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul Ryan: Rape Just Another Method Of Conception (outsidethebeltway.com)
- ‘New’ Republicans Behind Paul Ryan’s Political Rise | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul says his backers will ‘become the GOP tent’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul Passing Torch to a Libertarian Legion | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- What Did Rand Paul Gain? | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul Ryan dismissed rape as just another form of conception (bluedownstate.wordpress.com)