CAUSE IT’S TIME TO PRINT SOME MORE “STIMULUS”
A top official at the U.S. Federal Reserve said that this secretive, unaccountable agency has the ability to provide more “stimulus” to the sputtering American economy.
“The pace of the current recovery has turned out to be persistently slower than most observers expected,” Federal Reserve Vice Chairperson Janet Yellen said this week in Boston.
“An extended period of highly accommodative policy is necessary to combat the persistent headwinds to recovery,” Yellen continued. ”There are a number of significant downside risks to the economic outlook, and hence it may well be appropriate to insure against adverse shocks.”
Translation? It’s time to further debase our currency by printing more money – continuing a strategy that has clearly failed to do anything to stimulate the economy.
- Fed’s Yellen sees possibility of more stimulus (money.cnn.com)
- numerology for Janet Yellen (edpetersonnumerology.com)
- 3 Fed members back more stimulus if economy sours (miamiherald.com)
- Here’s The Full Presentation Where Janet Yellen Makes The Case For More QE (businessinsider.com)
- Fed’s Janet Yellen Warns Against ‘Downward Spiral’ (businessweek.com)
- Liquid Investors (intelligentriskblog.com)
- Three Fed Members Now Back Greater Stimulus (businessinsider.com)
- Debt crisis: European shares edge higher on stimulus speculation (independent.ie)
- Bernanke offers few hints of more stimulus- Fitch: US rating could suffer in 2013 without plan (foxbusiness.com)
- Bad times for global markets (bbc.co.uk)