By MARK MOONEY and CHRISTINA NG | ABC News – 13 hrs ago
Casey Anthony, once described as the “most hated woman in America,” has “gone through hell” and is in a “different prison” because she doesn’t dare leave the house where she has been hiding since last summer, she and her lawyer said in an exclusive interview.
Anthony, 26, who was acquitted last summer of killing her daughter, Caylee, spoke to Piers Morgan of CNN on a phone call for about 10 minutes earlier in the day Tuesday along with her lawyer, Cheney Mason.
Anthony told Morgan that she has “gone through hell,” that she is not a “party girl,” and that she was “ashamed in many ways of the person I was,” according to Morgan.
She scoffed at reports that her weight has ballooned and that she wanted to move to Costa Rica.
“It’s doubtful she weighs 120 pounds,” her lawyer said.
But she also insisted to the talk show host, “Obviously, I didn’t kill my daughter. If anything in this world I was more proud of was my daughter. She was my greatest accomplishment. I didn’t kill my girl.”
When Morgan asked if Casey would ever want to be a mother again, Mason said, “She probably would. It would take a long time [though] for her to be accepted.”
When asked if she was marketing her story, Morgan said Anthony told him, “I’m not making gazillions dollars [selling her story]. I don’t give an [expletive] about money. … I may have in past. … I was stupid kid. I am 26 now. I have gone through hell.”
Mason added, however, “We are sitting back watching. … When the time comes she will have her story to tell.”
Anthony has been in hiding since she was acquitted last summer of killing Caylee Anthony.
“She’s in a different prison,” Mason said. “She’s in a home where she can’t go outside. She can’t be seen so she spends the day in the house, cooks, cleans, reads books, exercises, watches programs on TV, movies mostly.”
When asked what she enjoys, Mason said, “She doesn’t watch the news. She doesn’t watch these so-called reality shows that are about as real as wrestling. She’s reading a trilogy of books called ‘Hunger Games.’ … She’s very interested in photography, works out a lot, likes ‘I Love Lucy,’ ‘The Three Stooges,’ travel.”
When Morgan mentioned that “The Hunger Games” was about killing children, Mason replied that he was aware it had Harry Potter type of popularity.
Anthony is on probation in Florida for a check fraud conviction, but the court ordered her location to be kept secret because of death threats she has received.
Since slipping into hiding, Anthony has surfaced only occasionally in photos or in an online video diary she kept that was leaked. In the video diary, she talked about her new blond bob hair style, getting her nose pierced, and her new pet dog. Photos posted online also showed Anthony in a bar.
In none of the appearances did she make a reference to her daughter or to her estranged parents.
- Casey Anthony Tells Piers Morgan: ‘I Didn’t Kill My Daughter,’ But I’m ‘Ashamed’ Of Who I Was (mediaite.com)
- Casey Anthony: I was ‘stupid kid’ who looked ‘horrible’ (foxnews.com)
- Casey Anthony Is Reading ‘Hunger Games’ – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Casey Anthony Is Reading ‘Hunger Games’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Casey Anthony: ‘I Didn’t Kill My Daughter’ (fox8.com)
- numerology for Casey Anthony (Piers Morgan) (edpetersonnumerology.com)
- Casey Anthony to Piers Morgan: “I’m ashamed in many ways of the person that I was” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- Casey speaks out: Anthony admits she is ‘ashamed’ of who she was, tells of her love for The Hunger Games… and insists she is NOT 500lbs (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Casey Anthony: ‘I’m Ashamed of the Person I Was’ (people.com)
- Casey Anthony breaks silence (bazaardaily.com)