By Judd Legum on Jun 11, 2012 at 4:29 pm
During an appearance on Fox News Monday afternoon, Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) announced that the state will sue the Department of Homeland Security to obtain access to a database that it believes will provide more accurate information on the citizenship status of Florida voters.
“The Florida’s Secretary of State office wil be filing a lawsuit against the Department of Homeland Security to give us that database,” Scott said. “We want to have fair, honest elections in our state and so we have been put in a position that we have to sue the federal government to get this information.” The move comes after Scott disregarded a request from the Department of Justice on Wednesday to abandon efforts to purge eligible voters.
- BREAKING: Governor Rick Scott Announces Florida Will Sue Obama Administration Over Voter Purge (thinkprogress.org)
- Rick Scott to Sue DHS for Access to Immigration Data for Voter Purge List (news.firedoglake.com)
- Florida to sue Homeland Security department in voter purge efforts (dailykos.com)
- Florida and feds sue each other over noncitizen purge controversy (miamiherald.com)
- Florida governor Rick Scott vs DHS (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Gov Rick Scott to sue Department of Homeland Security to continue with voter purge (freakoutnation.com)
- Gov. Rick Scott: Florida To Sue Homeland Security To Get Access To Database (crooksandliars.com)
- Florida to sue DHS in voter registration battle (lewsnopc.wordpress.com)
- Department of Justice Sues Florida Over Voter Purge (theobamacrat.com)
- UPDATE: Florida Governor Rick Scott Officially Defies Justice Department, Vows To Continue Voter Purge (thinkprogress.org)