The Information Underground
June 10, 2012
WMR’s Asian intelligence sources report another, morfe ominous, aspect to the decision of Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta to move 60 percent of U.S. naval forces to the Pacific region. Panetta announced in a speech at the Shangri-La Dialogue defense conference in Singapore that most of the Navy’s littoral combat ships, submarines, cruisers, and destroyers will be deployed in the Pacific. In addition, new U.S. Marine bases are being established in Australia. Panetta, according to our sources, has also been negotiating with leaders of Singapore, India, the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, and Thailand the establishment of new U.S. military bases or the re-opening of former bases from the Cold War era. The latter include Subic Bay in the Philippines, U-Tapao airbase in Thailand, and Cam Ranh Bay in Vietnam.
The United States has plans to build new bases in Darwin, Perth, the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, and Sihanoukville in Cambodia. The United States’ “Compact of Free Association” with the Republic of Palau gives Washington the right to establish military bases in that southern Pacific nation, an option that the Pentagon appears to be close to invoking.
WMR has learned that with the continued high radiation affecting the northern hemisphere as a result of life-threatening radiation continuing to be dispersed into the atmosphere from the meltdown of reactor 4 at the Fukushima Dai’ichi nuclear plant in Japan, the Pentagon wants to preserve most of its military forces and to ensure the protection for American elites who have plans to move to the southern hemisphere, particularly the Southeast Asian region, to escape the effects of the radiation circulating around the northern climes.
- The real reason for America’s Southeast Asian projection (radiation of northern hemisphere) (antioligarch.wordpress.com)
- MILITARIZATION OF ASIA-PACIFIC: America Revives And Expands Cold War Military Alliances Against China (globalresearch.ca)
- Panetta arrives at Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam (msnbc.msn.com)
- Vietnam speaks about Cam Ranh Bay, South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- US plotting a military return to Vietnam (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Panetta’s Pacific Vision (counterpunch.org)
- Panetta Asia Trip Takeaways (the-diplomat.com)
- William Bradley: Midway: 70th Anniversary of One of History’s Most Pivotal Battles Came in Midst of Obama’s Big Strategic Pivot to the Pacific (huffingtonpost.com)
- US to shift most war ships to Asia-Pacific (news.smh.com.au)
- Former Enemies Vietnam, US Ramp Up Defense Ties (hawaiireporter.com)