When PepsiCo used the slogan; “Every generation refreshes the world.” unsuspecting Pepsi drinkers didn’t realize what the future held for the beverage titan. It seems now that Pepsi had a specific generation in mind… THE UNBORN GENERATION! In a decision delivered Feb 28th, President Obama’s Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) ruled that PepsiCo’s use of cells derived from aborted fetal remains in their research and development agreement with Senomyx to produce flavor enhancers falls under “ordinary business operations.” But it’s starting to look like business will not be ‘ordinary’ due to growing outrage over the use of embryonic stem cells in the new Pepsi Next soft-drink.
Debi Vinnedge, Executive Director of Children of God for Life, the organization that exposed the PepsiCo-Senomyx collaboration last year was “appalled by the apathy and insensitivity” of both PepsiCo executives and the Obama administration.
“We’re not talking about what kind of pencils PepsiCo wants to use — we are talking about exploiting the remains of an aborted child for profit,” she said. “Using human embryonic kidney (HEK-293) to produce flavor enhancers for their beverages is a far cry from routine operations!”
The idea of using such ‘ingredients’ as a flavor enhancer could offend investors, and could even cause shareholders to dump their holdings in the company. Which is why PepsiCo officials requested the resolution be excluded because it “probed too deeply into matters of a complex nature upon which shareholders cannot make an informed judgment.”
Oklahoma Senator Ralph Shortey has proposed a bill SB1418 banning the sale of products that are developed with or contain aborted fetal remains. In the case of Pepsi products, the cells derived from the aborted fetus do not end up in the final product.
“We commend the Senator for his courageous move,” noted Vinnedge. “The public is already saying no thanks to all Pepsi beverages and Pepsi Next is just that — the “next” product to avoid!”
That sentiment is being reflected in the growing support for national and even world-wide boycotts of Pepsi products. To date, the world-wide boycott has expanded to include Canada, Germany, Poland, UK, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Portugal, Australia and New Zealand.
- Breaking News: Boycott Ends: PepsiCo Will Not Use Aborted Fetal Cell Lines for Flavor Enhancers (deaconforlife.blogspot.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” PepsiCo Says It Will Halt Use of Aborted Fetal Cells in Flavor Research (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- PepsiCo stops using aborted fetal cell lines to test flavor enhancers… (catholiclane.com)
- Pepsi’s use of aborted fetal cells in soft drinks constitutes ‘ordinary business operations’ (wolfslair88.wordpress.com)
- Pepsi / Senomyx (snopes.com)
- Boycott Ends: PepsiCo Will Not Use Aborted Fetal Cell Lines for Flavor Enhancers (thesalvationtimes.wordpress.com)
- Breaking News: Boycott Ends: PepsiCo Will Not Use Aborted Fetal Cell Lines for Flavor Enhancers (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- After pro-life boycott, PepsiCo rejects fetal tissue research (catholicnewsagency.com)
- My…This Food Tastes Good. (revivalandreformation.wordpress.com)
- Obama agency rules Pepsi’s use of aborted fetal cells in soft drinks constitutes ‘ordinary business operations’ (usapartisan.com)
- U of A Finalizing Pepsi Deal (5newsonline.com)
- Boycott Pepsi Over Use of Aborted Fetuses? (mysatelite.wordpress.com)